69th Meeting of the ARA (Aeroballistic Range Association)
7 - 12 October 2018 at Bath, England, UK, hosted by Hadland-MSI-Wiltshire
Meeting hosts: Paul Everington
The annual ARA meetings are attended by an international group of scientists and engineers from government, academia, and industry involved in various aspects of maintaining, upgrading, and utilizing launcher technology for a variety of research applications, mostly involving defense or aerospace applications. The meeting is primarily composed of technical talks presented by the members of the group. Topics covered at the annual meeting include:
- ballistic range operation;
- instrumentation for studying dynamic mechanical events;
- exterior and terminal ballistics research technology;
- development of research launchers;
- evaluation of range accidents;
- impact mechanics and shock physics research technology;
- evaluation of high speed vehicle flight characteristics;
- armor development technology; and
- non-classical applications of gun-related testing.
The meeting website is available at www.msinstruments.net/anon/ara/ara69home.htm.